Product: Cuisinart 77-11G Chef’s Classic Stainless 11-Piece Cookware Set
Place to Buy: Amazon.com
My Rating: 9.5 out of 10
Cuisinart is a popular brand in homes and commercial kitchens. I own one of these sets and it is not the first time that I owned a Cuisinart. I do like the brand, as they are high on quality, and with reasonable prices. My main brand is, however, Wolfgang Puck, but I like the fact that this Cuisinart set offers quality for a lower price than the Wolfgang sets and it also has a steamer.
You may recall that I recently completed a series on moist cooking methods and their benefits as a whole. Steaming is a moist cooking method which was identified as a healthy way for diabetics and non-diabetics to cook our foods. I could recommend a steamer, but I decided against that because sometimes we do not purchase the correct size for our pots and end up having to return the item or simply waste time and money. The steamer insert of the Cuisinart 77-11G Chef’s Classic Stainless 11-Piece Cookware Set is 18 cm.
Stockpots for Thanksgiving and Christmas
I also figured that with Thanksgiving and Christmas around the corner, I may have readers who are desirous of replacing some pots or, adding to their collection. Note that there is a 8 qt. stockpot with a shatter proof glass cover which will help with the need for larger pots for Thanksgiving and Christmas when we gather with our family and friends to celebrate.
In the event you have a large family or just love to entertain like me, then this stockpot will be handy to prepare soups and stews. I also use mine to cook rice when I am entertaining. If your family is small, then you will have something to use when you are entertaining. I used my stockpot in the past to steam my sorrel and ginger beer for Christmas.
The Cuisinart 77-11G Chef’s Classic Stainless 11-Piece Cookware Set comes with three (3) saucepans and shatterproof glass covers. Whatever the need, there is a saucepan to fill that need. The sizes are; 1, 2 and 3 quarts. I use these saucepans for a variety of reasons. When I am cooking soup for a small number of persons, I use these pans, dependent on the number of persons I am entertaining.
I like to boil sweet potatoes, yams, and green bananas in these pots as well. Again, it is great that I can choose the size, based on the amount I am cooking. I like the long handles which stay relatively cool when I am cooking. I, however, find that when all the burners are lit, the handles get a little warm, so caution must be exercised at this point.
There are 2 skillets, one 8 quarts, and the other 10 quarts. Like the rest of the set, these are made from stainless steel and have an encapsulated base for fast and even heating. Again, the covers are shatter-proof glass. When opening the pieces, dependent on how long you are cooking for, they may be cool to the touch, but sometimes they carry a bit of heat. Again, caution should be exercised here.
Diabetics should always use a pot holder to touch a pot, just in case the reality is slightly different from the manufacturers claim. Be reminded that cuts, bruises and burns could take a longer time to heal for diabetics, so, please be careful.
See below for some pros and cons if you are still interested in purchasing the Cuisinart 77-11G Chef’s Classic Stainless 11-Piece Cookware Set.
- Strong Construction. The Cuisinart 77-11G Chef’s Classic Stainless 11-Piece Cookware Set was built to last a long time. The pieces are sturdy, which includes the riveted, stainless steel handles which were built to last. The side grips are also safely secured with the same professional finish.
- Stainless Steel. This material is expected to last a lifetime without rusting or displaying marks from the use of the set. They are also easy to clean.
- This set can also be safely used in the oven. It can withstand a maximum of 500° and can also be used in the broiler, in addition to the stovetop and the oven.
- Pour without dripping. It is easy to pour from this set without creating a mess because of how the rims are designed.
- Dishwasher safe. cleaning up is a breeze since the Cuisinart 77-11G Chef’s Classic Stainless 11-Piece Cookware Set can be placed in the dishwasher.
- Perfect for steaming and stewing. Because of how the base is built, the pans heat up quickly and so it is better to turn the flame on low or medium. Turning the flame very high may cause burning. Please be reminded that the moist cooking methods usually call for low to medium flame.
- Near excellent review from customers. On the Amazon site, the Cuisinart 77-11G Chef’s Classic Stainless 11-Piece Cookware Set got a 4.3 out of 5 stars, with some people giving it 5 stars. This speaks volume for the product.
- I saw about two reviews where customers complained that the pots were ruined from being burnt. That has not been my experience. I use low to medium flame and I always ensure that when I am cooking I am close to or in the kitchen. I do this regardless of the pots I am using. I, however, needed you to understand that there are some issues reported as it relates to food sticking and then the pots are difficult to clean.
- The handles and the piece on the cover which removes the lid get hot if and when I have all the burners lit. The piece on the lid to remove the cover also gets hot when I am stewing something which takes about an hour to cook. I would, however, like you to remember that it is always safe to use a pot holder, especially diabetics.
Conclusion and Recommendation
In spite of the two negatives against the Cuisinart 77-11G Chef’s Classic Stainless 11-Piece Cookware Set when I consider all the positives and seeing the performance of my set, I am still in favor of this pot set. It is value for money with its durable stainless steel construction, encapsulated base, the number of pieces and the shatter-proof glass covers. The drip-free rims and the fact that they are dishwasher safe are great bonuses.
The set is nice to have when you are entertaining and can withstand the wear and tear of Thanksgiving and Christmas celebrations with friends and family. It would also make a perfect gift for Christmas. Please see below for my recommendation.
I highly recommend that you purchase the Cuisinart 77-11G Chef’s Classic Stainless 11-Piece Cookware Set.