Diabetes control is a balancing act. It is a daily task of combining the right foods so that a normal blood sugar reading occurs. In a previous article, we saw that eating low-carb is a great option for diabetics. For this reason, air fryer chicken breast is worth trying for diabetes control.
Before we proceed with this article, stop and read these two articles:
With that out of the way, let us now look at chicken breast and diabetes in the next section.
Chicken Breast and Diabetes
Whenever I think of chicken breast two things come to mind; a) easy to prepare and b) Delicious. It is a bit more expensive than other parts of the chicken, but there is so much that we can do with a tray of chicken breast, especially since a little piece can go a far way.
The most important thing for diabetics is that chicken breast is low in carbs and high in protein. Yes, these (low-carb/high protein) are definitely diabetic-friendly. I also absolutely love that the air fryer allows me to have chicken breast that is crispy on the outside and tender and juicy on the outside.
I can almost hear you thinking. Yes, you need me to get to the recipes. Wait! There is something else I would love to share. You don’t want to miss the next point!
Foods high in protein will keep us feeling full for longer. Here is why that is important. There is a strong possibility that we will eat less throughout the day. And, the best part is, we could experience significantly lower blood sugar throughout the day and the night.
The other bonus is that chicken breast is considered a low-carb food. This means that when we consume chicken breast with vegetables, we will avoid the horrible blood sugar spikes. Diabetes control is possible when we eat fewer carbs., especially from whole foods. Yes, chicken breast falls in the animal whole food group.
Air Fryer Chicken Breast with Garlic and Paprika
Take a look at this list:
- Delicious / Flavorful
- Juicy / Moist
- Easy / Quick / Simple
Are you interested? I know you are. Let me get straight to the ingredients.
What you will need:
- Chicken breast (3 pieces)
- Olive oil (about 1 teaspoon)
- Salt to taste
- Ground pepper (just a pinch)
- Garlic powder (1/4 teaspoon)
- Sweet Paprika (1/4 teaspoon)
- Dried oregano (1/4 teaspoon)
- Thyme leaves (1/4 teaspoon)
- Rub the olive oil on the chicken breasts.
- Combine seasoning and rub into the chicken breasts.
- Set the air fryer to about 375°F.
- Remove the air fryer from the machine and place the seasoned chicken breasts in the basket.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the basket and flip the chicken breasts on the other side.
- Cook for 6 more minutes, making sure that the breast is well cooked. (The temperature should be 165°. Use a thermometer to make sure it is properly cooked).
- Remove the chicken breasts from the air fryer basket. Let it stand for a few minutes.
- Serve with your choice of side/s.
I love to eat this with a piece of pumpkin and a cup of string beans. This is a delicious and low-carb meal for diabetes control.
Jamaican Jerk Chicken Breast – Air Fryer Style
I love jerk anything. I discovered that I can enjoy my jerk chicken breast without the smoke. Yes, it is not the same as being in the heat of that chicken roasting in a pan outside in the yard. Is it delicious and nutritious? Yes! Is it diabetic-friendly? Again, a resounding, YES.
Okay, so let us now look at what we will need to prepare our Jamaican Jerk Air Fryer Chicken Breast.
What you will need:
- Chicken breasts (3 pieces)
- 1 tablespoon Walkerswood Jerk Seasoning (use what you have, or make your blend)
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup Red Stripe Beer (try whatever beer you have)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or salt to taste)
- Place chicken breast in a bowl and add the beer and the salt. Rub them into the chicken breast. Leave in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Remove from the refrigerator and pat dry the chicken breast with a piece of paper towel.
- Place chicken breast, garlic powder, onion powder, and jerk seasoning in a large bowl and rub in the seasoning.
- Rest the bowl with the seasoned chicken breast in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Place the seasoned chicken breast in the air fryer basket. (Single layer).
- Set the temperature to 400°F.
- Set the timer to 10 minutes.
- Turn the chicken breast on the other side after the timer sound. Replace the
- Set the timer to an additional 10 minutes and return the basket to the air fryer machine.
- Rest it for about 3 minutes and serve with your choice of sides. See below for my air fryer Irish potatoes.
Maybe you don’t like Crispy Air Fryer Chicken
We must cater to the needs of others and so I recognize that crispy on the outside is just not appealing for some of my readers. With that said, continue to the next paragraph for some alternatives to air fryer recipes.
Consequently, this is important for some readers. In the event you are not interested in crispy chicken breast, read this article for other options. Some folks are just not into crispy on the outside, so check out this information about cooking methods.
Let us continue the fight against diabetes and by and large other lifestyle illnesses.
Please subscribe below for updates.